Wednesday 4 November 2009

TUBE EXPERIENCE ZZ TOP STAR'S


ZZ TOP guitarist BILLY GIBBONS shunned a chauffeur driven car ahead of the band's current gig in London deciding to test out the city's public transport network instead. The rocker wanted to experience the British capital as a tourist and joined the hordes of ZZ Top fans on the London Underground to make his way to Wembley Arena for last week's show (28Oct09). He explains, "To the disbelief of many I decided to take the Tube. Being the consummate tourist, I wanted to ride the Tube. Someone said, 'You know it may not be that bad of an idea because travel in London has not been known for its expedient way to get from A to B.' And off I went - it's only a block from the hotel down to the station." But the star hit problems when one of the train lines broke down, so he took the bus instead. He adds, "No sooner had I bought the ticket the agent informed me that the Circle Line had broken down. There was a guy on the (bus) route that was checking me out and it was getting a little edgy, and then I realised that he was looking at a ZZ Top concert ticket for the Wembley show. (But) I beat my partners by 45 minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment